Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

The Mother of all Monkey See, Monkey Do Mondays!!!

Hi Everyone!!! Happy Monday! OMG I am SO excited for today's MSMD mani!  My friend Kim of Feedmayeorchids did this along time ago and I loved it!  I still love it!  I FINALLY managed to do some justice to a copycat mani and recreated it the best I could.  I'm so happy with how it turned out!
I used the lovely OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest along with Suzy Skis The Pyrenees Suede and good old China Glaze Passion.
It's a tape mani but by no means simple lol!
I followed Kim's instructions to the letter--first I did a couple of coats of Suzy Skis The Pyreness and then stamped with China Glaze Passion and BM21 I did a matte top coat over this (CAREFULLY because matte topcoats will smear any stamping you have on).  Then I taped off using the corner of some scotch tape and painted on my Every Day Is Oktoberfest.  I wanted to make sure my Oktoberfest was protected so I carefully did a coat of Seche Vite over only this Oktoberfest.  This allowed the matte and shiny look to remain intact.
I love the dramatic look of this mani!!
You can find Kim's original of this mani HERE Please look at it because it is amazeballs!  

I did a lovely side by side comparison though and we could almost be twins!

13 comments:

  1. These are stunning , I may have to recreaye these at some point ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really awesome. I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! It seems like a great way to use one of my full nail stamps that's actually too small for my nail because the edges are just going to get covered up anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh that is a good idea, I'd never have thought on that.

      Delete
    2. Yes totally! I didn't worry about it not all fitting because I was taping some of it off! A great way to use those first Bundle Monster plates!

      Delete
  4. Oh My!! I just found your blog thru pinterest and I am loving the manis you are creating. The autism 'awareness' mani is fantastic and the post was nice as well (I hate it when someone posts an awareness style mani but then totally ignores the reason for the post to begin with) so it was nice to see you write up some info about autism for those of us who tend to go about life 'seeing blind."
    But this mani here is ART! I love it. I've had China Glaze 'Passion' on my lemming list and this was what kicked it into high gear.
    Great job and look forward to seeing more posts.

    ReplyDelete