Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Lion???!!!

Hi Everyone!  Today's theme for the Adventures In Stamping Challenge is over an orange base.  Orange is one of those colors I love but really does not love me back.  Like yellow it's a color I don't have very many of.  But I did get some of the new LA Girl 3D Effects and in particular Electric Coral which in my book is really orange so I went with it for today's challenge.  The LA Girl 3D Effects are super gorgeous.  They are a jelly I can love because they are a nice thick scattered holo!  I love a scattered holo--they still look great even in the shade!
As you can see I went with a Tiger!
I followed the brilliance of Ashley from Ashley is PolishAddicted using the BM16 image sideways to fit my long nails!
She did a post using China Glaze Riveting that I found quite riveting so I just had to copy her!  Check it out HERE

I took a couple of pics under the lamp to see if it made much a difference from my normal kitchen lighting--it was cold and rainy here today so I couldn't use the sun lol!
It really looks about the same to me except for my super vampire skin under the light
Electric Coral is really pretty though don't you think?
And using the imaged sideways means even thumbie can enjoy some full coverage!
To get this look it's really it quite easy. I did a couple of coats of LA Girls Electric Coral and then did a few side to side stripes of white before stamping in black over it
I have to say this is by far the best tiger mani i've done!
Last year I did a a couple and this is just much better!  You might remember this one which even a cool ring just could not save LOL!
UG this one just did not cut it for me!
I rather see some white within the design instead of the gradient.  How about you?  Which do you prefer?

And check this out, I tried to do a way cool "Sheila" pose like my friend Sheila from the Pointless Cafe does from time to time.  It's so lame I didn't even watermark that baby lol!
I had a lot of fun with today's Sunday Challenge mani!! I've got the whole day off today so I'm going to working on some mani ideas.  I recently snagged a polish I'd been lemming--China Glaze's Cowgirl Up so I want to see what I can do with her!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

9 comments:

  1. You are too cute! LOL
    And this is such a RAAAAWWWWRRRRR!!!!! Mani!! I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm my friend who loves orange loves this mani--go figure! LOL!!! I had to do another awesome tiger because yours was so good!

      Delete
  2. The orange is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty wearable orange for me I'm happy to say. I have trouble with oranges and yellows

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! I'll try this asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Turns the tiger stripe stamp on its head!

    ReplyDelete