Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Meet Rufus!

Hi Everyone!

I'm picking up with my Prevention Of Cruelty To Animals week with a special manicure I did.  Last Fall I had to have my sweet boy Baxter put to sleep at 12 years of age.  He had become very sick what appeared to be cancer.  We could have put him through a slew of tests but the doctor felt most likely he wouldn't respond to any treatment.  I was devastated.  This happened to us just one month after the death of my father.  Baxter was my sweet boy--my boyfriend cat, so I really did not know how I would go on.  A little while before Baxter joined his brother, Sam, over the rainbow bridge we had gotten a little boy kitten for him.  An orange boy we named Roscoe.  For years we had always had 2 boy cats--brothers, and now Roscoe was alone.  I didn't think about it too long before deciding we need Roscoe to have a friend.  When we went to look at Roscoe we had also seen this stunning cat that appeared Siamese.  He wasn't as friendly as Roscoe so that day Roscoe went home with us.  Now a couple months later we were back to pick up Rufus.

At first he was SO scared to be away from the farm.  All he did for days and days and days and days and days was hide under the bed.  I would often say "he's never going to come out from under there"  In time Roscoe lured him out and the two of them became great pals and played together.  It wasn't long before Rufus warmed up to us and he became a very sweet loving boy!  And he's SO handsome!


This is him the very first day we brought him home
I'm told he is what's called a snow shoe Siamese.  Look at his little white mustache!! 

This is how he loves to lay on the couch!
He sprawls out on that baby
Sometimes he sits on the end though, looking handsome
Isn't he gorgeous?!

I wanted to do a mani that looked like him

How'd I do???
Cute little Rufus on my fingertips!

I'm glad I decided to get a 'brother' for Roscoe.  Rufus has been a wonderful addition to our family.  He snuggles with me on the couch and sleeps with me every night.

Make sure you check out all the cool Animal Guardian Ribbon mani's this week!

6 comments:

  1. What a great Dea. Now I want to figure out one that looks like my Dog-Daughter. Hummm..,

    Thans for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute! I would love to get another cat but I don't think I could, its too upsetting. I still miss my wee boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome mani and a very handsome boy for sure! OMG...can i just say that mustache has got to be one of the cutest markings I have ever seen on a cat. It reminds me of Groucho marx. If he lived in my house Groucho would be one of his nicknames! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. So debonair that one! My first kitty when I was 12 was a Siamese colored mix. The kitty addiction was a permanent thing.

    ReplyDelete