Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

It's snowing!!! So it must be Spring!

Hi Everyone!!! It snowed a bit last night so you know what that means---that's right it must be Spring! UG!  Freaking snow in April are you kidding me???  Today's theme in Adventure's In Stamping is Spring colors.  I think we all know I'm not a huge pastel fan although lately I've been seeing some absolutely gorgeous pastel gradients!  I might have to change my way of thinking--just a bit lol!

I decided some pastels I have and haven't used much of are the China Glaze Kaleidoscopes.  I LOVE THEM!  They are my favorite holos EVER.  Give me a "chunky" holo over a fine linear any.single.day.of.the.week.

I wanted to do the Kaleidoscopes and their "counterpart" cremes.  I matched up China Glaze It's My Turn with Zoya Farah, China Glaze Octa-Gone-Wild with Zoya Pinta, China Glaze Kaleidoscope Him Out with OPI Just Groovy, and China Glaze He's Going In Circles with OPI Mermaid's Tears.  

Here are shots of the progression

I applied the cremes then the Kaleidoscopes
Then I stamped over them

It reminds me more of Hawaii than Spring LOL!
I love this skittle though, and I used to hate skittles!
I guess we can always change our mind!
I have to say the color that surprised me most
was Zoya Farah.  OMG for a nude it's gorgeous!!!
Paired with It's My Turn it's downright beautiful!
I used Mash-43 to stamp with, I love these little Hawaiian flowers.

Maybe if I ever visit my friend Jim from Men and Nail Polish this is what I'll wear!

I liked the match up between the holo and the cremes.  I'm definitely going to do something like this again, perhaps a half moon mani!
 Thanks for stopping by!! Wherever you are I hope you're warm!!

7 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! I love the holos with the cremes too, and a half moon would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them. They match really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I absolutely love the mix of cremes and holos. Need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Laurie! I was looking for somewhere to message you but I can't really find anywhere. Anyways, I have been pretty MIA in AIS, but the past week I've been seeing a lot of stamping decals where people add a lot of color detail to stamps. Do you know where I can find a blog post,info, or tut on them? I'm very intrigued =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh This look really cool, great job!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete