Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Monkey See Monkey Do Monday--Normandlou!

Hi Everyone!! Welcome to Monday!  Today's MSMD mani is one I saw awhile ago and loved INSTANTLY!  It just looked SO cool!  I had to recreate it, but I went with a twist and instead of some cool ombre purples I went with some teals!
I really had to work at this one, although it wasn't the design causing the work.  To get my ombre I took OPI Ski Teal We Drop and mixed some with white to give me a lighter version of it.  Then I added some China Glaze For Audrey to some white to give me a lighter version of it and then I went to down with the striping!

I didn't use any tape, I just painted it on as straight as I could
I think it turned out pretty cool!

You can check out the inspiration for the mani HERE

Here's a side by side pic of the both of them both.  
Which do you like better?  The purple or the blue??

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you all have a fantastic day!

9 comments:

  1. Both are really cool! I think I like the blue better because the colors transition into one another better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paint, I'm glad I went with the blue!

      Delete
  2. I like that the lines aren't taped. The slight variation in line gives it a vibration. I love your teals. MUST TRY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love! i like yours alot more, its smoother and the colors flow into one another much nicer. i love the effect this gives, kind of like a glare or a holo without a rainbow. does that make sense? when you first look, it just seems like a blue with a glare in the center, and then its like OH I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL some people said it was like a mirror effect and after I really looked at the pics I was like it sort of is!

      Delete
  4. These are crazy! They almost look like they're glowing!

    ReplyDelete