Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Purple Up!

Hi Everyone!! Happy Monday!  In addition to it being tax day it's also Purple Up!  April is the month to support military children.  April is a VERY busy month.  Like the other awareness issues going on in April this, too, is very important.  Men and women in the military, who fight to keep us safe, and our children safe, are separated from their children.  This isn't an easy life for a soldier even more so for the children they leave behind.  While other kids are going to the movies and Disneyland, sitting down to a dinner table, and getting tucked in at night, a military child who's mom or dad is on deployment has to settle for letters, texts, and computer skyping.  Just as their mom and dad are strong warriors they are strong warriors too--living and waiting until they can be reunited with their parent.

Today I'm wearing a purple mani in honor and support of thousands of military children!
I love my creme and holo mani from yesterday so much I thought I'd do a half moon mani with Zoya Pinta and China Glaze Octa-Gone-Wild and Zoya Caitlin and China Glaze Visit Me In Prism
Too bad it's cloudy otherwise I'd try to some outdoor pics!
When you see a soldier and thinking of thanking him or her, please take a moment to realize there often so much more they sacrifice for us--then think of child or children they had to leave behind for us and how difficult it must be for children living without them.

I proudly support our military men and women AND their amazing kids!!!

7 comments:

  1. An awesome manicure for a great cause.
    I love your blog, your manicures are freaking awesome.
    I am your newest follower and can not wait your posts. I also am a blogger, but my manicures can not compare to yours, I would really appreciate if you would check it out :)

    http://o-fata-simpla.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anca nice to meet you!!! I stopped by your blog and your gradients are so lovely!!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous mani! And your post is so beautifully written. Thank you so much for showing your support today. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie... what a great cause too! They must suffer so much with missing their family, in both ways :( Your manicure is pretty and it's a nice gesture to supports this. Kisses,

    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful mani and a beautifully written post, well done!

    ReplyDelete