Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stained Glass Elegance

Hi Readers!  Sometimes we find beauty in the darkest of times.  I was at a funeral on Monday night for my friend Sue's, mom.  Sue was my next door neighbor growing up.  Her mom lived a long life, she passed away at 84 and had lived the past 6 years without her husband so while I feel sad I find so much comfort knowing she and her husband are together again.
Sitting in the throng of those coming to pay their respects and give condolences I looked around the church and spied so many beautiful stained glass designs.  I wanted to recreate some of what I'd seen so I came home and did a search on stained glass and then stained glass mani's but nothing was really jumping out at me.  Then I remembered seeing Enamel Girl's holiday mani's and she had one that reminded me of stained glass.  She has such fantastic ideas and she can throw you for a loop readers because sometimes she's using foils and not stamping and sometimes SHE STAMPS ON FOIL!  Yes that's right stamps on foil!  The mani I wanted to recreate for my stained glass look is here.  


I did one coat of WetnWild Black Creme.  For the metallics I used 3 Funky Fingers Zeppelin, Monster Ballad, and Platinum Record--icy blue, hot pink and gold.  I just blobbed them randomly over SH22 using the petal image
Here it is with flash
Close up right hand!!!!
AMAZEBALLS!


I loved doing this mani and I really liked this Shany plate image too.  I plan on using it again with some different color combinations.  I really like the stained glass idea and definitely will be working on some more stained glass nails again in the future.


So from a sad day I was able to go home and find something beautiful to recreate that made me happy.  How about you readers how you ever found inspiration where you least expected it?  

8 comments:

  1. Love this, very elegant looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This manicure looks very nice. I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies I have to say I LOVED this mani! I'm going to try it again using a white underwear and then aquas and greens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie, this is awesome! I think I may have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you get one color not to spread over the other color when you scrape off the excess?

    ReplyDelete