Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Animalistic Week--Tiger!

Hi Readers!  Welcome to the jungle!  Don't lie are you old enough to picture Axl Rose's serpentine dance when you read that????  
Today in Animalistic Week we have---TIGER!  And OMG readers did this mani impress me!  I will not lie I almost broke my arm patting myself on the back.  This is not at all what I had intended to do for this mani.  I wanted to do a white tiger BUT then my Fantasy Football winnings arrived.  This was my first year playing Fantasy Football and it was a group of nail polish friends of mine therefore the prizes were nail polish.  I actually went to the Super Bowl this year but got my butt kicked by my friend Amber. She's an amazing nail artist and has done a series on NFL nails and they are all awesome. Please check her out here.  I'm not sure how this can happen I lost the Super Bowl but my prize was a set of 3 Lippmann mini's!  After checking them out I found myself drawn to Rock Star and thought it could work in a tiger mani.  AND IT DID!


Here is the gorgeous Deborah Lippmann Rock Star
OMG did you see that  mani readers????  Here is is again!
Here it is with flash
Flash close up!!!
I just can not get over the gorgeousness that is this mani!!!  This was a labor of love and trial by error let me tell you!   To get this look I painted one coat of Deborah Lippmann Rock Star (don't have Rock Star I can tell you WetnWild Fast Dry Cougar Attack is a pretty close dupe).  First I tried stamping in white to see if that would work.  Um no totally did not work.  Tigers are not orange and white! Next I stamped with just black over the Rock Star, that also was a fail.  I knew I needed white in there somewhere so I just took my Kiss Nail Art striper in white and painted some random lines over the Rock Star.  Finally this time when I stamped with the black it worked and looked AHmazing!  
So to recap polishes used were Deborah Lippmann Rock Star, Kiss Nail art striper in white, konad black and BM16 was the plate I used.  


And an FYI on the Rock Star glitter it is a hungry hungry hippo glitter and I had to use a total of 3 coats of Seche Vite for this mani.  I did a topcoat of it before stamping the black (I always topcoat Seche Vite before stamping any image because if you make a stamping error it's easier to remove) but then after a top coating after the stamping it was STILL bumpy so another coat went on and now all is well.


My wonderful friend Claude (really it's Claudia but she tolerates me calling her Claude, and I'm forever grateful) took a picture of a tiger at the zoo and shared it with me--isn't he gorgeous????!!!!!
Claude has her own blog and it's fantastic!  Please check her out here.  I warn you though she is a fantastic stamper AND has all those cool foreign plates I haven't been able to get my hands on . . . yet.


So let's see how I did here's a side by side comparison of my mani and Claude's Tiger
OMG NAILED IT!!!!!


YIKES!  I just realized I totally forgot the tiger facts!  Ok here they are! Tigers are the largest of the 4 big cat groups (I thought for sure it would have been lion) Each tiger has unique markings--no two tigers stripes are the same.  White tigers are genetic mutations and the many we see in zoos are bred that way but lots in genetic inbreeding means white tigers have more physical deformities and severe health issues than any other breed of tiger.  Tigers can live for 15 years in the wild and up to 20 years in captivity BUT more and more tigers subspecies are becoming extinct.  There were 9 subspecies of tigers but we are now down to 6 and of the 6 remaining the numbers in each subspecies is only in the thousands :(


So far I have to say this is my best mani of Animalistic Week--what do you say--agree or disagree?


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!!

12 comments:

  1. This is the neatest tiger stripes mani I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woman I'm ashamed that I just now am finally checking out this post and I love it so much that I will link it from my blog with one of the pix, is that okay? It is a-ma-zing!
    And I'm honored that you picked two of my pix for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. youre so good at these! not only do you have quantity you have quality! kudos for going the whole week for a theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooooooo! I LOVE this manicure! Best tiger mani EVER! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! I love this so much I don't even feel like taking it off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Laurie, you are freaking amazing!!! I love that I've seen you grow into doing mani's that are this spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laurie you are genius! I really am going to have to try this one day. It has so much depth to it, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i did this too:) and a tutorial kinda on it with the white tiger nails! if you wanted white tiger you should check mine out:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked out your white tiger! It's awesome! I wish I would have seen that tutorial before all my fails with this one lol!

      Delete