Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hot Blooded Leopard

Hi Readers!


My mom has always had a great fashion sense.  When we were kids growing up and even now she never has looked her age to me.  She likes hip but also classy.  I'm quite a bit bigger than my mom so I've never been able to wear her hand me downs BUT I do get the shoes she buys and wears once and her cast of purses! WOOT!  I love going shoe and purse shopping with her because I can always tell the things I'm going to end up with eventually.
So naturally I was thrilled when this cool purse made it's way to me!
My friend Destany of Confessions of a Sarcastic Mom and I are BIG red lovers, especially Vampire State Building by OPI, so whenever we find a red we like we tell each other.  She went one step further and sent me a LA Colors Craze called Hot Blooded.  Instead of having a fever of a hundred and three I decided to use it in a mani!  I went a step further and realized I could copy one of my favorite mani's from the beautiful and incredibly talented Kayla of Nails by Kayla Shevonne.  You can check hers out there. But you can see mine here!
This is my first time trying a half moon mani using the reinforcement tabs you can find at the store.  I think this mani is pretty chic if I do say so myself.
I laid it against the kitchen towel when I was done with the mani and like how it looks this way too
To get this look I did two coats of LA Colors Hot Blooded then topped it with a coat of Seche Vite.  I applied the reinforcement tabs at the bottom then did one coat of Zoya Pasha.  Another coat of Seche Vite and then I put the reinforcement tab back over the red and stamped with Sally Hansen Coco A Gogo using Konad M57.  By covering the red with the tab I didn't have to worry about getting any of the stamping on it. 


How about you readers--do you get any good hand me downs from your mom??


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day! 

6 comments:

  1. I just love this look, I am going to try this soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie I hope you do! I waited forever to try a half moon mani and now I want to do more!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE IT! <3 Hand-me-downs from my mom are always from my grandparents and great-grandparents. As Lucas calls it: "Old timey stuff" hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks for this red Igor!!! I love it so much!

      Delete
  3. Looks like an old hollywood mani, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This manicure is one of my favorites! I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete