Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Ribbon!

Hi Everyone!!!  Today's theme in AIS is Winter Theme.  Well to be honest it's not really winterish here!  No kidding!  Here I am in Wisconsin and would you believe we have almost 60 degree weather???!! IT'S INSANE!  And for this very reason I just can't get into the whole snowflake, snowmen Wintery theme.  I decided to think outside the box and I came up with a mani that I absolutely love!

It did not hurt AT ALL that my base was the most glorious, most delicious, most gorgeous red ever, and by that I mean--yes you guessed it

This is by far my most favorite red on the planet!

I decided to gradient with an untried--NYX Red Bean Slush.  I really cannot believe how great the two compliment each other!

I do so love tone on tone gradienting!

The stamping I chose to go over it really reminds me of Christmas ribbon!

I really loved how this turned it--I'm not a summery or spring colors type gal and these deep dark reds are right up my alley.  I'm super happy with how this turned out!

Here's a picture of the polishes I used, OPI's Vampire State Building and NYX Red Bean Slush 

I used Konad M63 to stamp with--one of my favorite Konad plates!

What do you think?  Does this look Christmas Ribbony to you?

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you all have a fantastic day!

3 comments:

  1. I don't see snow outside, too. This is a great alternative to snow flake stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the first snow today here in Denmark, brrr! I love your mani, it's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! This DOES look like ribbon on a pretty package!

    ReplyDelete