Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Aaaaaaaand the winner is????!!!!!

Hi Everyone!  Yesterday I had the whole day to myself!  It was the first time in over a month I didn't have to work AND didn't have to go anywhere or do anything.  How did I spend it?  Well let me tell you I didn't even shower or get dressed!  I lazed around in my pajamas all day long and it felt darn good! I tried to sleep in but that didn't happen.  Actually I didn't sleep in today either but that's okay.

Yesterday I worked on coming up with an idea for what mani to wear for New Year's Eve.  I'm not going out, but I will be going over to my little sister's for a fun party.  Today I thought I'd show you the designs I came up with that didn't win and then tomorrow I'll post the winner!

First up is my gradient using A England Bridal Veil, China Glaze Let's Do It In 3D and Sexagon.  I love, love, love the Kaleidoscopes.  I prefer them over any other holo.  
I did an accent nail using my holo hex and black glitter franken, Midnight's Master.
Since I didn't have any true fireworks design on a plate I stamped using BM02 

This one turned out just as I had envisioned, but I had a few other ideas so I kept on going.

Next up is my gold and silver mani!  I started with OPI Designer DeBetter and then gradiented with Funky Fingers Platinum Record.  My accent nail is Sally Hansen Silver Sweep and Maybelline Bold Gold. I stamped with the cute "spermy" balloons on BM20

My nails are much too long for the first Bundle Monster set but I managed to double stamp which made me happy.
Here's a pic in the shade, it's still quite lovely even if it's not sparkly!

My next design had no stamping whatsoever.  I hauled out the precious OPI DS Original for the 2nd time since I've owned it, which is a little over 2 years.
I just did a little tape mani based on a picture I'd seen way back when on Chloe's Nails.  It's been getting pinned again recently which prompted me to try it for the first time
This one didn't really wow me, but got a few likes from my FB friends.  The purple I used along with DS Original is my very fave purple creme which is Nails Inc Vicious

My last attempt before the winner was another mani from a pic I'd seen on Pinterest.  I just loved this when I saw it.  Unfortunately I don't have the Summer Cheeky set so I had to settle for the stars on BM21
I think I did a fantastic job double stamping those babies!
I chose Nfu-Oh 51 to both wear and stamp with.  It stamps darn good I think!

So there are all the "failures"  What do you think?"  Do any of them float your boat?

Tomorrow I'll be posting the winner mani I chose--it turned out really good!

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you all have a fantastic day!

11 comments:

  1. First - a tiny mistake correction - it's Nfu Oh 61.
    The 51 is flakies and I don't think it stamps ;-)

    As for which floats my boat? At least two of them: the first one with the black&silver gradient is my first choice, I love it so much!!! It's such a WOW mani!

    My second runner up is the purple. It is so simple yet so exciting!! I honestly cannot understand how you would consider that anything less then a huge success.

    The other two share my 3rd place together. They are both WOW enough for me to sit here and wish I could do anything like this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL OMG you are SO right!!!! Guess this is what happens when you have it forever and don't ever wear it lol!!!

      Delete
  2. I wish my failures looked like that! haha

    The last one with the stars is my favourite. Can't wait to see your winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wohoo for pj days! I have one every Sunday :) The purple is my fave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's so great to lay around and do nothing!

      Delete
  4. They are all stunning , but if I have too choose I will choose the last one , I love a good holo and on NYE it speaks party! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne it was my fave until the last one I tried which I'm featuring tomorrow!

      Delete
  5. I'm looking for inspiration for my mani and your gradient with fireworks may just be it! Thanks :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of them...even the one you "liked the least"...but I think my favorite has got to the the holo stars..you know I'm a Holo 'Ho!

    ReplyDelete