Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen Does Metal--Mechagodzilla!

Hi Everyone!! Happy Hump Day!  OMG I am not even ashamed to say the other night I made the most god awful ugly mani in the universe!  No lie.  It was horrendous!  I had all these great intentions on a fabulous metal mani and then bam shit happened!  I thought I might try to wear it for a day but NOPE that baby was removed the next day and guess what?!  I went to work with naked nails!  NAKED NAILS PEOPLE!  Oh the horror!

I tried to do something cool last night too but again it just fell short.   I did a nail full of silver studs and hoped to stamp over it.  Wow first time stamping over studs who has done it before??!!! No one!  I'll be famous!  Except that it looked like crap so so much for the famous part.  I full intended on taking off the mani tonight and doing something else but I really felt like the studded nail was cool.  Then I got this idea.  Why not some spikes over my studded nail?!

First off here is the plain mani, just the nail covered in the silver studs
Pretty cool nail right?!  I really wanted to do something cool with it and for some reason Mechagodzilla popped into my head LOL!  So I give you some spikes over studs!
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!  Now this is more like it!
Not too hard to manage either!
I got to use one of my frankens too!  My black base is my franken Midnight Sins and I stamped over him with BM224 and Color Club Harp On It
I had to use A LOT of Seche Vite on this baby, it almost looks like glass over the studs!
I like the subtle look of the reptile "scales" too!
So glad this Metal challenge allowed me to play with my inner spike vixen!
I hope Mechagodzilla is proud LOL!
Let's pop over to see what everyone else has on their nails today!


5 comments:

  1. "Wow first time stamping over studs who has done it before??!!! No one! I'll be famous! Except that it looked like crap so so much for the famous part." ---this CRACKED ME UP! We've all been there...think we're "inventing" something just to end up with a mega-fail! Love it <3

    And this manicure turned out fabulous! The studs and spikes are great together! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a Nail It magazine feature, like, immediately.

    ReplyDelete