Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Butterflies are free to fly!

Hi Everyone!  Happy Monday!  I was going through my Picasa album last night getting rid of pictures I just don't need to keep and I ran across my first ever glitter nail decal and I cannot believe I did share this mani with you!  It turned out SO great!

I'm not really big on decals because A they are just way too time consuming and B no matter what I always seem to get air bubbles when I do them.  But I had just gotten a bottle of Red Dog's Floral Flourish and I loved it and thought maybe it would be the gorgeous backdrop for some decaling.

I was totally right!
This is a really spectacular glitter topper.  It is full of colors, 17 different glitters in all!  My favorite thing about is the the rose copper colored glitters.  It just gives it a real Victorian feel to me.  It is stunning.


Here's the decal I made using CiCi & SiSi 07 and Floral Flourish

I decided to put this over a base of OPI's My Vampire Is Buff
My reverse accent nails are OPI's Taupe-less Beach
I think pairing this gorgeous multi colored glitter with the nude family was a brilliant idea!
I want to point out that I really let this decal dry before removing it.  I wanted my glitter coat to be dry so I wouldn't have any issues trying to peel it off.  I also was pretty generous with a few coats of top coat to make sure I had a nice firm but pliable decal.

Floral Flourish is from the Butterfly Garden collection over at Red Dog.  You can buy it HERE  In addition to this great polish there are several different finishes in the collection!  A yellow suede!!!  And some gorgeous shimmers and a lovely holo.  Check em out!

I don't know that I'll be a decaling fool but this one made me quite happy.

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you all have a fantastic day!

2 comments: