Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Move over Don McLean

Hi Readers!  Many of you know I'm a HUGE Elvis fan so today, for me, is the day 35 years ago the music died.  I was only 14 when he died and was a fan of his since I was 7 years old.  In a time when girls my age were into David Cassidy, Donny Osmond, Andy Gibb and Leif Garrett  I was into Elvis.  42 years later I'm still into Elvis lol!  today I did a musical mani tribute to him--can you guess what songs I'm wearing on my nails?
A couple of them are probably no brainers but I hope I threw in a couple of brain teasers!

Here's some facts about me and my love of Elvis!!!

My favorite Elvis movie is:  Live A Little, Love A Little
My favorite Elvis songs are: Edge of Reality (from the movie Live A Little, Love A Little) and Are You Lonesome Tonight
I have an Elvis tattoo on my ankle
I've been to Graceland twice but never when it was open to the public
I have the entire OPI Elvis collection and they are on display with my Elvis collectibles BUT not polish I wear!

Did you come up with the songs yet?? Thumb is Jailhouse Rock, Index is Blue Hawaii, Swear is Teddy Bear (put a chain around my neck and lead me anywhere) and thanks to my pal Gina for that great idea! Ring is Viva Las Vegas (and this finger reminds me of his white jumpsuit with the rhinestones) and the Pinkie is Burnin' Love.

Here's the charm bracelet I'm wearing today with my mani!

The camera man bought it for me years ago!

I'm going to be playing Elvis non stop today Readers!!! What will you be doing?

Thanks for stopping by!!! Have a great day!!

7 comments:

  1. I heart Elvis as well! He died when I was 1 - so I fell in love as I got older. My favorite songs are Cant help falling in love and Your the devil in disguise. When I'm blue I watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmakK7BSRnE its my favorite live version of Cant help. Elvis is even the main reason I fell in love with Lilo and Stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol .... any excuse for that chains stamp .... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about an OPI Elvis collection now? Post pics please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Elvis too! I was only 4 when he died, so I was really an odd teen loving Elvis! Love the mani you did. I guessed all but the middle and ring finger. My favorite song is Loving You from Jailhouse Rock movie. I love when he sings it in the movie...I fall in love with him a little more :)
    I love your charm bracelet!!! And please share a pic of the Elvis polish collection! I wish I was into nails when that came out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also dying to know about the OPI Elvis Collection! I love the mani and your bracelet is awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These nails are so cool! I love the crazy bracelet too :]

    ReplyDelete