Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Whew! Good thing I can swim!

Hi Readers!  Today's mani is featuring another one of my recent loves . . . foils!  My friend Sarah, from Chalkboard Nails is forever making fun of me whenever I say I love something.  I said I love Crackle, then I said I loved Magnetic's and then I said I loved Foils lol!  She had to remind me of this just the other day.  I mentioned wanting to marry magnetic polish and she said "oh oh someone better break it to crackle!"  I decided then I'll just be in a menage with crackle and magnetics.  I ran into trouble when I mentioned loving foils so basically I'm now cheating on my menage with foils lol!
ANYWAY today's foil isn't really like a foil lol!  No holographic look to this one, no shine or shimmer, just a really nice design.  It's called Niagara Cascade.  It's an awesome jade and mint looking marble type foil.  Apparently it's supposed to resemble the falls though lol!  And blessings of all blessings regarding this mani.  I FINALLY GOT THE SHAMROCK IMAGE ON MY BM03 PLATE TO WORK!
I got a lot of compliments on the super simple mani.  That's what's so awesome about foils--they make it look like you worked hard when in fact you didn't!
Here's a nice close up.  I'm SO happy I finally got the shamrock image to work!
Speaking of the shamrock here's a bit of information regarding the shamrock in Irish lore.  It's said St Patrick plucked a shamrock to teach the Druids the meaning of The Trinity--Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  The shamrock is said to have mystical powers and it's petals will stand upright to warn of an impending storm.  It is Ireland's most famous symbol and is commonly associated with good luck.  Historian's have found in Celtic history it was often used as a charm to ward off evil.


When I was a young girl I would spend hours in a patch of clover trying to find a four leaved one lol!  How about you reader's??? Have you ever found a four leaf clover??


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

6 comments:

  1. this is beautiful, are foils very difficult to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie they are SO easy! I kid you not! The hardest thing is really letting the glue dry completely before applying the foils. I usually wait 5 minutes and have no problems. You just rub the foil image right onto your tacky nail and voila instant nail art! Dollar Nail Art has them for a $1 each check them out at dollarnailart.com!

      Delete
  2. We used to find four leaf clovers all over the marching band practice field! it because a game to see who could find the most over the season :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly do not think I've ever found a single one! One of these days I'm going to have to do a search for one!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous mani. I used to sit in a patch of clover too trying to find one!

    ReplyDelete