Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen Does 2--- Pairs!

Hi Everyone!! Happy Monday!!!  This week we are celebrating our 2nd anniversary.  This awesome group has been around for 2 years and man have we seen some excellent nail art in various forms.  Whether you are someone who loves free hand or stamping, whether you follow blogs, instagram or Facebook, the Digit-al Dozen has been an excellent source for all things nail art!

This week we have an interesting them.  It's all about the 2's!  Each day we will be doing a theme that can be associated with 2.

Today also happens to the be the wedding anniversary of my parents--Alan and Sandra Lutze.  It would have been 52 years for them today however my father died just short of their 50'th wedding anniversary 2 years ago.  This day will always mean something to me for it is the day my parents joined together in holy matrimony and raised 3 daughters in a loving and supportive home. Not everyone is lucky enough to have this in their life.  Not a day goes by that I don't realize how very lucky I am.

To support both my wonderful Digit-al Dozen group and my parents my message today pertaining to 2 is a couple is also a pair.  53 years ago today my father proposed to my mother and she said yes.  And the rest was history


To get this look I did a gradient with Sinful Colors Pull Over, Zoya Shelby and Zoya Rocky.  I stamped using MoYou Mother Nature 01

My thumb looks pretty good too!
In the case my parents two people who joined together to make three beautiful daughters one family was formed--pretty neat if you ask me!

Be sure to check out how everyone else is kicking off this week!


15 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, dear. I love the art, and the intention behind it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Laurie! Such a nice sentiment too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the story behind your nails...which are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fantastic job with these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gradient is the perfect background for that image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This manicure is so beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how cute! The gradient background is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet design and touching backstory! I think it's a great way to remember your parents' wedding anniversary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful tribute, Laurie!! I'm so jealous that I couldn't fit this size stamp on my nails.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great mani! My parents are still happily married after 33 years so I can relate!! I hope for the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this one. The background is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete