Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Fun with foils!

Hi Everyone!  This week in my advanced nail stamping group our theme is foils.  Stamping over foils or decal method with foils.  Foils are gorgeous BUT topcoat just kills them!  It's the saddest thing in the world.  I feel like I have a pretty good method for using them and it's true that a uv gel topcoat doesn't do nearly as much damage with wrinkling and cracking but man getting off soak off gel is a pain in the keester!

I am lucky enough to own a couple foils that are holo though! So win win for the mani today!

I put on my Elven Gold from Dollar Nail Art.  It's a gorgeous green and gold foil with no holo.  Then I stamped over it with an image from Daschica's SdP I plate.  It's a very celtic look!
Isn't it gorgeous?!
The trick I learned with foils is to have the smoothest surface you can.  I do two layers of foils over basecoat and ridge filler and I think it makes a world of difference
I've heard there are water based varnishes you can find in the craft stores that won't wreck a holo foil.  I might be on the hunt for some and see if it works.  This is our theme all week long so I'm sure I'll be doing some more foils again this week.

I'm definitely going to have to haul this one out again for St Patrick's Day too!

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you all have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous; would also make a good St. Paddy's Day mani as you pointed out!

    ReplyDelete