Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen Does 2--Cotton!

Hi Everyone!! Sooooo day 2 for the Digit-al Dozen's 2nd Anniversary theme is cotton! OMG cotton people!  Who wants cotton for a 2nd anniversary present?  Better yet who in their right mind wants to do something "cottony" on their nails?

Well you asked for it so you got it.  I give you fuzzy socks!
This was by far one of the hardest mani's I've ever done!  My stamping did not go well at all over the pink!  UG then I had to free hand AND put matte over it so it some what matched the rest of the nails.  
These might not be for everyone!! That's for sure!

If you want to get crazy and try this is just flocking powder or the same color nail polish.  Since I had pink, orange and green flocking powder I pulled out matching polishes.  I applied the polish in a line on my nail each color at a time, let it dry.  Then one color at a time I applied the polish then sprinkled on the flocking powder so pink then flocking powder, I did all the nails with pink then went back and did the orange and then flocking powder then green then flocking powder.

Here's a tip DO NOT use acetone to clean up any excess stamping on your skin.  You have to pull up with tape.  If you don't the acetone will settle into your flocking powder and completely smear your stamping.  Trust me I found this out the hard way!

Let's go check out what cottony thing everyone else did!


10 comments:

  1. sounds like a feat of willpower to get this look done - but it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree; cotton was a hard one...but you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fuzzy socks so this was definitely a fun one! Technique wise it sounds very complicated so kudos to you for pulling it off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah too cute!! I love funky and fuzzy socks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever!! These look so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee-hee! These make me so happy! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! I love your fuzzy socks. And this was my favorite day of this week.

    ReplyDelete