Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I beg your pardon . . . I never promised you a rose garden

Hi Readers!!  When I was trying to think of a mani to do for today I was sort of whining about being sick.  I don't like to do that really because having a cold is not really being sick.  I think of all the times I watched my beautiful sister, Lisa, fight so hard during her breast cancer treatments and eventually succumb to her cancer, I truly know what being sick is.  So I had to pull myself up by the chin straps and tell myself to knock it off.  I thought of the old song by Lynn Anderson--I Never Promised You A Rose Garden--along with the sunshine there's got to be a little rain sometime.

That being said I decided to do some roses of my own to remind myself there's usually a little bad along with any good.

I hauled out all the stops on this one!! I used a total of 5 polishes for this mani lol!  I gradiented with my new Zoya's  Darcy, Micky and Josie, for my roses I used a blob of Yana and then stamped white over it!  Check it out, not one by 4 of the new Zoya Stunning's in the mani alone!  But that's not all!  I got to do an accent nail of the beautiful Leaping Lyretail from Sea Lore!!!

First let's get this party started with a gradient
Toss in an accent nail of Sea Lore's Leaping Lyretail and add some stamping
Leaping Lyretail is super lovely!  A mix of yellow, pink, and fushia perfect for Spring and Summer!
Let me tell you how I almost ruined this mani!  I had wanted hot pink roses over light pink so I tried to stamp with Yana and it was a major fail.  You couldn't really see it show up at all.  So then I stamped black over it--OMG wrong thing to do!  I finally settled on white over Yana and yes suddenly we have winner! winner! chicken dinner!
I hauled out the trusty BM's to stamp with BM310 and then I took individual roses off of BM323
Thumbie looks good too!
The idea for this gradient came to me while I looked at them sitting in their Zoya box!  Sometimes that's all it takes!
Leaping Lyretail is part of the new Spring Collection from Sea Lore.  It can be purchased HERE.  You should stop by and check out all of Jamie's polishes, they are quite lovely!

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you all have a fantastic day!!

5 comments:

  1. soooo pretty! And we all have some days under the weather - hope you're doing better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, love all the colors !! Hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really cool! I love the roses stamped over that full nail design!

    ReplyDelete