Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A long time coming!

Hi Everyone!  Today I'm helping raise some awareness about Celiac's Disease.    It took the medical field a long, long, LONG time to figure out what this disease was all about and what needed to be done to help those who suffer from it.  My friend Michelle of Ehmkay Nails asked if we could help her out and show our support for Celiac's Disease Awareness in the month of May.  

The colors are green and yellow.  I should be shot because my first thought was green and yellow??? Those colors don't go well together.  OMG and I'm a Packer fan and I said that!  I can't believe it, don't tell anyone ok???  After I pulled myself together I came up with a darn freaking fantastic green and yellow mani!!


I did a water marble accent with Sinful Colors Pull Over and Nails Inc Emerald Park and man they look good together!  

My glitter nails are none other than . . . 
Mustard Fields!!!!! My favorite ever of all time green and yellow glitter!!!!
I'm definitely going to haul this design out again for Packer season!
Who said yellow and green don't go together anyway????!!!!

Celiac's disease in a digestive condition triggered by the consumption of gluten which is a protein primarily found in bread, pasta, cookies, pizza crust, and many other food which contain wheat, barley or rye

People with Celiac's disease who eat foods containing gluten experience an immune reaction to their small intestine and in turn this causes damage to their small intestine and it's left without the ability to absorb certain nutrients.

It's a painful disease that can cause stomach pain and diarrhea, headaches and fatigue, joint pain, and acid reflux and heartburn.  Without the ability of the body to absorb certain vitamins and nutrients your brain, nervous system, liver, bones and other organs are often affected.

There is currently no cure for Celiac's disease, however it can be controlled with a change in a diet, one that excludes gluten from everyday life.

I'm sure you've noticed many grocery stores carrying gluten free products these days, which is great news for the many individuals who suffer from it. 

Often times we take for granted the ability to eat whatever we want whenever we want, but for some people that's simply not possible.





5 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the combo of the watermarble with the glitter nails! Such different looks and yet a cohesive look! Awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha I won't tell anyone. And I think that yellow and green are marvelous together!
    And I think your nails look fabulous and I totally love your marble accent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you said you're a packer fan because my first thought was "Holy Cowbells, AWESOME Green Bay watermarble!!!" and I didn't want to seem insensitive to the real reason for the mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome nails. I'm a friend of Michelle's and I have Celiac! And I lol'd so hard at your packers green/yellow comment

    ReplyDelete