Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

The Digit-al Dozen Does Fashion--the day MY music died

Hi Everyone!!  While it is, indeed, a happy Friday it is also the 36th anniversary of the death of Elvis.  I've loved him for 43 years and that's no joke.  First fell in love with him as a young girl of 7.  He died when I was 14 and being the young teenage girl that I was DRAMA ensued!  Yep it felt like my world ended.  Of course I've gone on to suffer even greater tragedy in my life, but to have him die when I was 14 was the first experience I had with losing someone I loved so deeply.

I asked my friend Gina, the genius behind Red Dog Designs if she could create a couple of polishes for me for this day in particular.  I told her what I thought would be cool and she created magic.  MAGIC!
First up is Aloha From Hawaii--It's full of multi colored flower shaped glitter and aqua hexes and micro shimmer.  
I layered it over a gradient of Sinful Colors Sugar Rush and Savage

I Gina if she could do something like the leis he gave out during his 1972 concert broadcast LIVE from Hawaii--what she made was spot on!

Next up is Elvis Has Left The Building--anyone who knows anything about Elvis knows this was said at the end of every concert!
It's an awesome white jelly full of red, blue and gold hexes in various sizes and teeny gold stars! OMG I DIE!!!
I simply said Gina I really want a polish named Elvis Has Left The Building--is there anyway you can do something like his famous white jumpsuit with the eagle on it?

Yep once again she NAILED it!

I got the Elvis nail decal from ebay!!  IT'S JUST LIKE MY TATTOO!

So today my fashion is Elvis jumpsuit--
And I couldn't have had such a great manicure for the last day of this fashion week if not for the fabulous Red Dog Designs!

I wonder if my dad and Lisa have told him how I'm his number one fan???!!!

Make sure you check out what my fabulous group has come up with for their last day as well!

6 comments:

  1. love the elvis decal! i think i have to get this...i named my cat elvis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome mani....I can remember when Elvis died too...it's one of the pivotal events that I will always remember what I was doing when it was heard about it....like 9-11, Princess Diana death, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was about 12 or 13 when Elvis passed away.I love your custom colors to commemorate him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up listening to Elvis, so these nails rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! Those polishes are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete