Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen Does Decades--The 20's!

Hi Everyone!  Happy Hump Day!  Middle of the week means the week is half over woot!  I guess I'm a little late to the party today too as several of my comrades have already done this decade but I'm throwing my hat into the ring as well for the 20's!

The 20's gave us Babe Ruth and same great baseball.  

Prohibition lasted the entire decade! 

The 20's was a decade with prosperity for the US

Jazz was oh so popular and Art Deco peaked

Women wore knee length skirts, and wore their hair bobbed and styled in the "marcel wave" and they were known as flappers!

Today my mani is recreated from a picture I found while Googling (not popular in the 20's LOL!)

Here's the pic

And here's my interpretation

I think I did pretty good!
Placing the silver hex glitters by hand for the hat was a little time consuming!  Good thing I only did 3 rows LOL!
Here's a pic with the mani and my inspiration pic
I think it turned out pretty darn good!

Let's go visit the rest of the gang and see what's up for Decades today!



7 comments:

  1. Very stylish! Great intretation of your inspiration pix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I wish I could have that dress - it's gorgoeus! Your nails look amazing, great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very classy. Love the design you came up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Perfectly represents your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! These are STUNNING! I love beaded dresses like the one in your inspiration pic, so beautiful <3_<3

    ReplyDelete