Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Following A Tutorial Week--Distressed Grunge

Hi Everyone!  The week is starting to wind down and I hope you are all looking forward to the weekend.  I am looking forward to it for sure--we are supposed to be in the 30's so a veritable heat wave for us dontcha know?!

Just like yesterday where I followed a tutorial by the fab Jacki from Adventures In Acetone today I followed one by the super talented Sarah of Chalkboard Nails.  I know I have told you all before I knew Sarah way back when she was just starting out!  Her freehand is amazeballs and it isn't too often at all I can copy one of her mani's.  Thankfully this tutorial made it pretty easy for me to create this cool looking distressed grunge mani!

It's a totally new look to me and I think I love it so much because it reminds me of shatter/crackle polish.  And if there's one thing Sarah knows about me it's how much I love Crackle!

Here's the mani I did.  I used a base of white and then China Glaze For Audrey, Zoya Mira and Reagan and then Sinful Colors Black On Black
I wish a bit more of the For Audrey showed up, but since this was first time trying this cool technique I wasn't sure how much was too much LOL!
This is a wicked cool base!
I really like my thumb
I think stamping might be totally awesome over this.  We'll see if I do it again and stamp something over it!

If you like this look and haven't done it check out Sarah's tutorial I linked at the top of the page, it's easy!  If I can do it, you can do it!


1 comment: