Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Don't get too close! This mani bites!

Hi Readers!  I'm hauling out another foil today because I'm really loving the ones  I got in this haul.  This one is snakeskin.  It's a really cool foil because A it's not a metallic finish foil and B it's see through in spots so you can change the look of it layering over different colors of base color!  Seriously readers this foil has limitless possibilities!  I decided to layer it over China Glaze Pelican Gray because I wanted it to be somewhat realistic and hopefully there are pale bluish grey and black snakes out there--somewhere I hope--please let there be bluish grey and black snakes in real life!
While I do have an image plate very similar to this it's still awesome to not have to stamp and still get a stamped image!  Foils are so cool and easy like that! YOU MUST TRY THEM READERS!
Good news readers!  I searched the all mighty internet and THERE IS such a thing as a blue snake!  Actually there are several lol!  Thankfully I have never encountered one as I'm sure I would pass out. 
Here's a picture of the blue garter snake which I do think resembles my mani!


What do you think of this mani readers?  Is it your style or is it a little bit too "out there" for you?


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

9 comments:

  1. its a nice mani,, but not the snake,, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome, snakeskin nails are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I feel the same way! I love snakeskin looking mani's but just am not a fan of snakes in real life lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks great! I want to try a snakeskin mani, but I'd rather stay away from real snakes lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the beauty of the snakeskin mani using foils or stamping no real snakes lol!

      Delete
  5. I love the foil and the fact you change make it more unique by picking a colour to go with it makes it even better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to try this over a few different colors and possibly even a gradient to see what it looks like

      Delete
  6. Carls did you get this one???

    ReplyDelete