Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Nail party with my polish besties!

Hi Everyone! Happy Hump Day!  This past weekend I got together with all my polish besties and we did nails all day long!  It was a blast as always.  We have the best time when we do this and always have some great food and lots of laughs in addition to trying out some fun nail designs.

There were two casualties of the day though!  I had a nail break so I had to file down and Dani spilled Orly Miss Conduct on her favorite jeans! UG!  I think she did a great job salvaging those jeans though!

My first design of the day was some Dashica stamping over Zoya Cosmo.  I really do like stamping over the magical pixie dusts
It's really hard to get a good pic of the magical pixie dusts because they are SO sparkly!

This next one turned out to be my favorite of the day--some double stamping with CiCi & SiSi and MoYou Sailor and then a cute little decal to go on top of it!

I did a bit of double stamping as the theme in my Advanced Nail Stamping group was double stamping.  This next one is a sunset gradient with sme Dashica and Cheeky Wild At Heart stamping
I can't belive I'm going to say this but sometimes I think gradients look better on shorter nails than my long ones

Next up I did some stamping with one of my new Marianne plates and added a cute little turtle
And this is when things went south and the corner of my middle finger broke off! UG I had a little patch on it but when you are using so much remover all you can do is pray for the best LOL!

First design featuring my shortie nails is this cool tribal I did with a FUN plate and Cheeky Viva La Mexico
This is also when the sun started to get low so we had to switch to indoor lighting.  Yep we were together for 10 hours!!!

Here's my cute cat mani and for the life of me I cannot remember what plate I used to stamp the cats with!  The cute skelly fish is from CiCi & SiSi though
I used the lovely Nails Inc Warwick Way for this mani and I really love the color!

I also tried my hand at a pond mani for the first time and I just did not like it!  I don't know why.  I think my images are too big and I'd be better off doing some smaller images.  I'm not a fan of jellies at all so I don't know that I'll ever do another pond mani, but I'd like to think I will
What do you think?  Do you think we are crazy to get together and do a mani and then take it off only to do more?  We love getting together and if we can't find the time to do an all day nail-a-thon then we get together for dinner.

I feel so blessed to have found 3 wonderful friends through Facebook of all places that live close to me!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I love them all! Yes, I've done multiple manis in one day, yesterday I did four!

    ReplyDelete