Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

These are a few of my favorite things

Hi Everyone!! Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I had another meet and greet with someone I'd met through a facebook group on Saturday and we had a blast!  Actually we first met here on my blog!  I mentioned living in Racine and she is a blog follower as well.  She contacted me via email and we started chatted.  I told her about the Adventures In Stamping group on Facebook and she fell in love with stamping and the next thing you know we were hanging out ALL DAY AND NIGHT on Saturday stamping our hearts out!

She asked me what my favorite thing to do with nails was and I told her gradienting then topping with glitter and then of course stamping.  I do believe gradients are by far my favorite thing to do.  And even though so many people say to me "I can't believe you're going to stamp over that" I think stamping over a gradient gives it so much more depth.  I also think topping a gradient with glitter adds depth.  When you do all three things together, gradient, glitter stamp it's like the trifecta of fabulous!

Here is a gradient I topped with one of my favorite glitters.  The gradient is Sinful colors Candy Coated with Nails Inc Clifford Street, the glitter is the gorgey town Doctor Donna from Red Dog Designs
I just think adding glitter over a gradient adds so much more
And here is the lovely Doctor Donna!
I just love everything about this mani!

But then I stamped over it and loved it even more!
I stamped with a design from the 2nd CiCi and SiSi set
I really love this look.  And the great thing about stamping over a glitter topped gradient is this is a great way to extend your mani.  Day one you can gradient, day two add the glitter topped and day 3 stamp over it!  Now you all know me so you know I rarely wear something for more than a day but this is a great way to get more wear out of your polish!

Word on the street is Red Dog has some great St Patrick's Day and Mardi Gras polishes releasing soon. As soon as I'm the know, you'll be in the know!

Thanks for stopping by!!! I hope you all have a fantastic day!

1 comment: