Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Roses for Valentine's Day

Hi Everyone Happy Hump Day!  I have a lovely mani on today and this one always reminds me of my friend Kerri.  She is a stamping maniac and those of you in Adventures In Stamping know I'm talking the truth lol!  Recently she's gone through some tough times so I wanted to do her "signature" rose mani and send her some "roses" via the internet!
Kerri did a bunch of these roses all with different colors all using a fade technique she came up with and shared with us.  It just makes them so lovely.

This is an all Zoya manicure.  I used Zoya Norra, Lara and Shelby.
Norra is so lovely!  I've had it quite a while and wore it for the first time.  It's definitely a 'me' color too so won't be my last time wearing it!
I used BM323 for the roses.  Shelby went down as a dot in the center of the petals and then Lara was painted all around the center before scraping diagonally on the plate.  The Love saying is from BM311.  I did a stripe of Shelby over the Love and then put Lara above and below it for a fade effect.

I hope everyone gets some real flowers for Valentine's Day but if not--let these roses be for you too!

Thanks for stopping!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

3 comments: