Pages

Monday, April 11, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen Does Gradient--Monkey See Monkey Do Monday Shanna's Nail Art

Hi Everyone!  Happy Monday!  This week is gradient week for the Digit-al Dozen and I got do to do triple action with this one!  My mom, sister, and I along with our friend LuAnn went to the Shedd Aquarium on Saturday and we had so much fun.  I wanted to be able to sport some underwater nails and lucky for me I found a super cute mani done by Shanna of Shanna's Nail Art all the way back from 2014 that I could use for a Monkey See Monkey Do Monday mani AND it fit this week's theme as well!

I had a HORRIBLE time trying to get pictures of this mani though!  Seriously!  It's a gradient that on my camera never looked like a gradient!  No matter where I went to get pictures of it, it did not show the gradient.  I took some barely passing pics at work, took a few ok ones with my cell phone and then the nightmare began trying to move them from one place to another UG.  I ended up having to use flash for this which I'm usually never a fan of

Here's my Shedd Aquarium mani complete with mermaid!  It really did turn out cute
I basically just used Bundle Monster BM501 for entire mani, I added a mermaid I had from a no name plate as for some reason I lost BM510!!! I've never lost a plate in my life but when I tried to find it it was no where to be found!
The turtle is from the same Bundle Monster set he's on BM503 he was a great little added touch
My base is just a simple gradient of China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Pacific Blue.  Mundo black for the stamping with the fabulous crystal stamper from  Girly Bits to help me place all the teeny fish exactly where I wanted them.

Here's a side by side picture of both mani's
This really was a perfect mani to wear to the Aquarium and I got several compliments on it

This week should be a good week!  I'm going to try to do a couple of things that are really outside the box for our gradient week.  Hopefully they both turn out!  

Please head over and check out what my crew came up with for today!


1 comment: