Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Fairy Tales--Snow White & Rose Red

Hi Everyone!  How about that great first day of our fairy tale week?!  Creepy wolf stuff going on yesterday but some nice girly girl princess and Cinderella stuff too.  I have a great idea cooking in my head right now for one I'm going to do hopefully tonight and you'll know soon enough if it turns out good enough to post!

Today I am doing something pretty simple but at the same time very stark in it's simplicity.  Today I am showcasing Snow White and Rose Red an original Grimm Brothers fairy tale about 2 sisters who both wind up married to princes and doing the happily ever after thing after saving a poor starving bear



I thought about doing some black reverse image roses over my white but then thought better of it and I think I made the right call.

My white textured is the lovely OPI Solitaire from the James Bond collection!

I stamped with Sally Hansen Insta Dri Red-io Active using one of my MoYou Pro plates.  Probably one of my fave Pro plates is this one with the rose images

For as simple as this is I really love it!

I'm heading over to check out what everyone else came up with for day 2!

                                                                                                                               

16 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with that fairy tale! I'll have to read it - I like your summary about the bear. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I love black/red/white together and I love the way you used all three here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the simplicity of this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean Snow didn't originally come along with seven dwarves? My happiness has been stolen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! And I even love the white texture on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love those colors together! Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the contrast here! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the simplicity. Yet it completely fits the story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a combo you wouldn't think would work, but it really does. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, the simplicity of these is lovely! I really love how you mixed the textures in as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This a stunning take on the tale!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love abstract interpretations like this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is such a perfect combination x

    ReplyDelete