Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Wrap it up!

Hi Everyone!!! Happy Sunday--I was MIA yesterday due some much needed rest and relaxation.  Working all that over time took a toll on me so I lazed around, watched Discovery ID all day and read some hot romances.  WHEW!  I feel totally refreshed!  I did have a bit of a struggle with today's AIS challenge though!  Usually I have a great idea when a theme is picked however yesterday I was really struggling.

The theme for today is over a saran wrapped base.  There are a lot of cool saran wrap mani's out there, I just wasn't feeling any of them!  I decided to look through my stash and try to work out something with some untrieds I have.  Nothing stood out too much then I hit the brown drawer and I snagged Essie Mink Muffs and Zoya Cheryl (which I've owned for 2 years and never put on once and added a bottle of Zoya Pasha to the mix!

I really love how this non traditional for summer mani turned out!  
I did 2 coats of Essie Mink Muffs first--let it completely dry and then topped it with a coat of Zoya Pasha and dabbed away with the saran wrap.  When that was dry I put a dab of Zoya Cheryl on a metal plate and then dabbed the saran wrap into and splodged it on randomly. 
 Honestly I wish I had a copper metallic to stamp with--but I didn't have anything light enough so I reached for Maybelline Bold Gold and DRK-B and stamped a couple of accent nails because I liked just the base so much I didn't want to completely cover it

I added the matte top coat because it just looks so much better matte!  Check out thumbie!
I should do these saran wrap mani's more often!

Hope you're all having a great weekend!  Mom and I are off today to check out The Wolverine!  Hottie Hugh Jackman to the rescue!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment