Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Nature--Stormy Seas!

Hi Everyone!  Hope you are all having a great day.  I'm really starting to sound like a broken record with this cold but I just can't shake this sucker.  I'm coming up on a week with this baby now and honestly it's like 5 days too much for me! Find a cure for the common cold already for crying out loud!

But the good news I have been feeling well enough to work on some new nail art things which makes me pretty happy.  I decided to get in on the alcohol ink/permanent marker craze going around.  You can get some really cool bases uses alcohol inks out of the bottle or in the form of permanent markers.  The possibilities are pretty endless.  I check out a few YouTubes on the process and just decided to play around.  Instead of going over a white base I decided to try something over one of my fave Elevation's--Storm In The Morning Light.  Here's the look I came up with!
You can do so much with these things!  I bought a 24 pack of Bic permanent markers the other day and have really been enjoying some of the things I've come up with.  You can do different looks using a brush or cotton swab dipped in alcohol.  You can also spritz alcohol on to the nail with a spray bottle too.  It's really cool
One of my friends thought this looked like the ocean at night and I thought  oh how perfect then as this fits right in with this week's Digit-al Dozen Nature Theme!
I think my favorite is the ring finger but as you can see you can get a lot of different looks just using the same colors of markers put in different spots on the nail

I decided to add some stamping because I think we all know I ALWAYS decide to add some stamping.  I hauled out one of my Dashica SdP plates
 It's not bad at all but it really looks amazing without the stamping over it I think and you know I rarely say that!

I think this week in the DD has just been amazing.  Oh my gosh there have been SO MANY awesome mani's.  Everyone is coming up with something completely different and a lot of us were worried it would turn into nothing but a leopard print and floral week LOL.   

Here's a little collage of the mani with and without stamping over it
Which do you like better??

I'm going to head over and see what everyone else has come up with for day four of The Digit-al Dozen Does Nature



7 comments:

  1. I love both and your mad stamping queen skills, but I would totally wear that background too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Would be cool if you put a coat of the gelly polish on top too. Another depth of color.

    I've wanted to try the alcohol inks too but found it too expensive for the little use I'd get from it. What permanent markers (brand) did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stamped image compliments the base well; you can still see enough peeking through!

    Hope you are better soon! (I feel like a broken record saying it too lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was brilliant at first but the stamping makes it totally amazeballs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! It looks marbled underneath! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This mani is absolutely gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just gaga over that base, it's incredible

    ReplyDelete