Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

There's a hole in my heart

Hi Everyone!  Another super chilly Monday morning here!  Geeze we are getting womped with snow and cold this winter season.  I feel like Mother Nature needs to give us a break up here in Wisconsin!

Today would have been my dad's 78th birthday.  Birthday's are hard when you are "celebrating" them after your loved one has died.  It's not really their birthday anymore, they aren't a year older.  But how do you just forget about that day when you had been celebrating it for nearly 49 years?

Well you don't.  You just pick yourself up and trudge on and basically you want to tell everyone and everyone that absence does not make the heart grow fonder and time does not heal all wounds.   There's a hole in my heart that will never be filled.

We are celebrating dad's birthday tonight by being together as a family.  We are having dinner with mom and I'm sure we'll share some memories, and some laughter, and most definitely tears.

Today's mani is for my dad
For those of you who can, give your dad a big hug today!

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your pain and broken heart. I think I will go call my Dad right now. I hope your day with your family is happy and brings some healing to you. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessed be, my dear. I lost my Mom 7 years ago and my Dad 2 1/2 years ago and there is not a day I don't think of them: when something really wonderful happens in my life, I still find myself picking up the phone to call them! Birthdays and holidays are the worst and I find that "talking to them" makes me feel at least a little better. No, time does not heal all woulds or mend a broken heart, but it is easier now than it was then.

    ReplyDelete