Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Brrrrrrr it's cold out there! Better get on a sweater!

Hi Everyone!  Happy Weekend!  Here in Wisconsin and throughout the Midwest we are buckling down and bracing ourselves for the coldest weather we've had in decades.  Starting Sunday and going into the week we are expected to see record low temperatures--Monday and Tuesday we are looking at a negative number norm with an even higher windchill negative.  They are talking up to 40 degrees below zero with the wind chill

Why this is bad--HOLY COW this is cold!  Temperatures this low cause frostbite to skin if it is exposed for ten minutes.  Temperatures this low cause damage to your lungs if you aren't breathing in the air from something covering your mouth and nose first

Why this is good--we play the San Francisco 49er's on Sunday in the wildcard play offs! Woot!  Come on up boys we'll show you some weather you'll never forget in our OUTDOOR (cuz only real men play football outdoors and not under a dome) football field!

Today it's not super cold yet, it's actually quite warm out there for almost 10 am with a temp of 28.  I'm going to be venturing out today in search of the new Maybelline maple kiss lipsticks and possibly a trip to the bakery for some good rye bread to go with my spinach dip I have made up.  But after that I'm buckling down for the duration.

My sweet friend Gina from Red Dog Designs sent me an awesome Christmas package this year and in it she had a polish that's been on my wish list for a long time!  The delicious dark blue metallic Rodeo Fanatic by China Glaze.  I decided to do a cute little holiday sweater mani with it using my MoYou Festive 06 plate.  I think it turned out super cute!
Here's a nice pic under the kitchen light and then this one with the flash
As you can see Rodeo Fanatic is just a gorgeous blue!  The best part about it is how much Gina knows I love cowboys so I'm all about the rodeo anything!

If you are in the path of this cold weather front PLEASE BE CAREFUL!  Make sure you are prepared for anything and everything that could occur during this time.  And honestly don't go out unless absolutely necessary UNLESS you are a Packer fan headed up to Lambeau--then you may go out and enjoy the game!  I'll be watching you having a blast there from the warm comfort of my home as we root on our boys!  Go Pack, Go!!!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful manicure, and I will be cheering for Green Bay tomorrow! It's supposed to get cold where I live in NE Ohio, but nothing like up your way. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the plate and sweater nails in general! Hope you stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh this just reminded me how much I want Rodeo Fanatic AND some of those MoYou plates, lol! Great manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you even cope with that cold?

    Lovely nails.

    ReplyDelete