Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Following A Tutorial Week--Water Marble

Hi Everyone!  Still pretty bitter cold out there this morning.  Starting my day off at -14 with a wind chill of -35 BUT we are supposed to get to positive temps today.  We have a heat wave coming as this weekend we will be in the 30's.  And don't you just know some fool is going to come out in shorts when that happens!  I'll be sure to report back if I see anyone doing it.

So today for following a tutorial week I have the bane of almost all nail art lover's existence.  The dreaded water marble.  You know how it starts out, you see pics all of the internet of these super cool water marbles and you go wow just put some nail polish drops into water, swirl, stick your fingers and BAM! you have a great mani!  Then you try it and it is a MAJOR fail.  And you sit back and shake your head and wonder why didn't this work.  So then you Google "hey why didn't my water marble mani work--what are some tips and tricks to water marbling" and the internet Gods direct you to Colette--aka My Simple Little Pleasures YouTube Channel.  

Oh my stars it's like a gift from heaven when you find yourself there.  You watch every single water marble she does completely mesmerized.  But then you actually try some of her designs and low and behold you start to get one or two that work.  So you practice, practice, practice and suddenly you got this!

Today I just did a simple little water marble, that totally worked out and I didn't have to redo a single finger.  Just two colors China Glaze's Don't Make Me Wine and WetnWild Black
it's simple but still looks so pretty!
So if you haven't checked out Colette--you need too!  If you haven't tried to water marble yet--you need too!

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you all have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. This turned out so beautiful! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Gorgeous!!! I am soooo going over to check out the vids! Mine WAS a total fail, just like you said! LOL I think it might be water temp. I keep hearing "room temp" but my house is very chilly here in MI, so I think that's an issue...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comment about that fool in shorts in 30 degree weather cracks me up! I live in OH, and people do the same thing here! What's up with that?! Beautiful mani, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete