Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tiny Dancers

Hi Readers!  Today's Sunday Stamping Challenge is black and white.  I haven't done the last two because I seemed to be off kilter with them I think.  This one seemed pretty straight forward black and white.  But holy cow some things just aren't as clear as black and white lol!  A long time ago I made a franken that didn't turn out as I had envisioned.  I noticed it recently while in the process of updating my stash list (which is WAY too freaking big!).  It sat next to me on the table staring at me as if willing me to fix it somehow.  So I did what any normal person would do in this situation I added glitter!  I wanted this to look like glistening snow when I made it, white with iridescent flakies and hexes. For some reason it just didn't work for me.  So last night I added some micro holo glitter I have and SHAZAM it's super pretty now!  
Here's a pic!
You can't see the flakies in here but they are definitely present.  Check out the cool hexes in it
There's just only problem with them--they are all stuck on the bottle!  Hardly any of these transfer to the nail :(
I decided to name it Lost and Bound and I used it for the Sunday Stamping Challenge.  I added some nice butterflies and one of the faeries from the Red Angel plate and the mani turned out really cute.  I'm going to show it to my niece to see if she'd like to wear this for her prom mani.
I like how the sweet butterflies and faerie are black--kind of like naughty butterflies and faerie lol!  This is the best pic I could get of the buried flakies and iridescent glitters in the polish
All in all I like this mani!  I'm one of the lucky ones who ordered the Red Angle plates right when they came out because versions of the faeries now don't all have wings.


Thanks for stopping by readers!  I'm off to have corned beef dinner with the family and get my butt kicked in Guesstures!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this!!!!! I love how the iridescent glitter shines through, perfect for the fairy and butterfly stamps. Very ethereal. P.S. I love Guesstures! Have fun playing with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqui I haven't met anyone else who has ever played the game before! It's really a lot of fun and super funny watching everyone try to get all theirs in. When a card drops just as you go to grab it is the worst feeling ever lol!

      Delete
  2. I really love the way this turned out! You did an awesome job with the glitter and the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela I really loved this one too--I'm a sucker for butterflies!

      Delete
  3. So cute! I love these. How do you do the designs????

    ReplyDelete