Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Surviving St Patty's Day!

Hi Readers! Sorry I was MIA yesterday but I was recuperating.  I had a birthday party to go to last night and there was too much good food and sparkling moscato to be had.  I'm not a young chicken anymore either so trust me when I say couch and I were good friends all day yesterday.  BUT that didn't stop me from dragging my butt over to the mani table for a pretty nice manicure!  My polish wifey Lori got me some really nice polishes in a little swap between us recently.  She snagged me OPI's Take The Stage and Rising Star and I decided to do a nice little gradient with them.  I love these metallic foil like finishes that OPI does.  I wish I had every single one of them!  I decided to go back to my primal roots with this mani and hauled out the leopard!
I made a few foil rings too readers.  I ordered a few lucite rings from ebay and then transferred foils onto them.  It's not easy but they do look pretty cool.  Check out my Aztec Foil ring
Obviously it was made a bit ago hence the green nail polish LOL! BUT I didn't leave it like this I stamped over it--check it out!
I really like the stamping over it.  I've done a few of these foil rings so I'll make sure to show you what I've come up with.
Now here's a nice flash close up of today's mani--SO sparkly!
To do this mani I did two coats of OPI Rising star and then sponged OPI Take The Stage on the tips and half way up the nail.  Then I pulled out my trusty leopard image plate M57 and stamped using China Glaze Unplugged.  I really like how it turned out and finally the green streak is over!
Here's a picture of the polishes I used left to right Take The Stage, Rising Star and Unplugged
So how was your St Patrick's Day readers?  Did you celebrate with good food and friends and family?  I hope you did!


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

2 comments:

  1. pretty mani, the ring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie! I had fun making this ring and plan to make up a few more of the foil ones. I've been lusting after a stamped over foils mani Enamel Girl did for ages and really want to try that on a ring. Hopefully you'll be seeing it in the future!

      Delete