Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Orange you glad I got Riveting??

Hi Readers!  The Hunger Games--are you familiar with these books?  I am familiar with them however my reading tastes tend to lean toward adult romance and not teen fiction.  My friend Igor loved these books.  I'm thinking perhaps I will read them.  My mom and I are headed to see the movie today so I'll let you know what I think of it.  I know there is someone in the book who had flames painted on her nails but since I didn't read the books I wanted to do something different.  When I first saw the bottle shots of China Glaze's Hunger Games Polishes I was SO not interested.  THEN I saw nail swatches and went holy cow I need a bunch of these!  I actually got 5 of them in a swap with my polish "wifey" Lori but did not get Riveting.  I thought "nah it's not really my color" then Igor did a post of it here and and I went SHAZAM I need that color!
For my Riveting mani I applied 2 coats and then sponged on one of my franken dupes.  This is a dupe of Lippmann's Boom Boom Pow which I named Boom Boom NAILED it!
This was NOT a picture friendly mani!
So hard to capture the true colors of this mani.
I decided to stamp over it (hahahah I crack myself up! Of course I stamped over it!)
I love how it looks with flash!
Here's a nice close up!
I realize I'm a bit late on the whole Hunger Games mani but I really love how this turned out!  I've never really stamped over large hex glitters before and it worked well therefore I'll be doing it again!


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

4 comments:

  1. This is very pretty...hope you enjoy the movie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think an orange tiger marble is in my near future!! You have mad stamping skills!! I suck at stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodi I wasn't always good at stamping! I just kept doing it everyday until I got good lol! I'm trying to branch out into other things but I suck at free hand! Thank goodness I'm better at water marbling and pretty good with dotting lol!

      Delete