Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Monkey See, Monkey Do Monday--Lucy's Stash!

Hi Readers! Today's MSMD mani didn't get me the thrill I thought it would.   Instead of a roller coaster I got the ferris wheel I think.  I first saw this mani awhile ago over on Lucy's Stash and was blown away.  Mine just fell short.  
I don't know why I don't like it, I think it's because my foil shards are too big OR the whole nude nails thing could be throwing me off.  Nude nails?? OMG perish the thought!
Maybe my rainbow colors aren't rainbowy enough for me
I just can't put my finger on it
It's sort of like green beans to me--I don't hate it but I don't love it
Here's the side by side comparison of mine and Lucy's
I might have to try something on this mani to see if I can love it--poor mani!


Check out my other partners in crime in




Here's the complete list of the girls doing MSMD!

Missy at Gnarly Gnails
Carrie at LeSamowen Life, Love and Nail Polish
Cristina at The Clockwise Nail Polish
Neivys at Maquiclub Girl
Ashley at Follow The Yellow Polish Road
Kristin at The Manicured Monkey
Emily at Macabre Manicures
Jennifer at Polish Crazed (aren't we all???!!!!)
Nayade at Toxic Vanity
Erin at Beauty Bumbles
Debbie of The Crumpet (our fearless leader!)
Lene at Polish Lover
Kirsten at Geeky Owl
Angi at Angelina's Nails & More
Jewli at Fanning the Fumes
Kerri at PishPosh and Polish
Alyssa at Fancy Phalanges
Joy at Okay Now Joy!
Layka at Kawaiinize Your World




Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you all have a fantastic day!

21 comments:

  1. I like it. The shiny foils over nude nails appeals to me for some reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really not a nude person at all so having a nude on is sort of freaking me out lol!

      Delete
  2. OMG, this turned out SO good. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely want some of these! You did well:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely LOVE foils! They are super easy to use and you have instant nail art with them!

      Delete
  4. This looks awsome, where did you get the foil from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle I get my foils from Dollar Nail Art they have a HUGE selection!!

      Delete
  5. i quite like this! how did you do it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin basically I followed Lucy's tutorial. I applied the nude polish and when it was dry I applied the nail glue. Then is super short bursts I used several different foil colors to get this look. Some of them are a bit chunkier than I had wanted though

      Delete
  6. LOOOOVE IT Laurie, are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is great! What if you had a nude color under the foil to avoid seeing the nail line?

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg I totally love this! I agree with Anutka maybe putting a nude polish would make you like it better?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know why yo don't like it, because i think is very shiny and coloful, and i like it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it, its just not what you're used to seeing on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's awesome lady!!! I think this is one of my future MSMD ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks great!!! I need to get some foil to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think they look pretty similar?! I recently bought foils and have NO idea how to use them hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's not a poor mani! I also think it's very close and also beautiful! :D***

    ReplyDelete