Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A funny thing happened on my way to the foil

Hi Readers!  Remember that huge foil haul I said I got in awhile ago?? No well I don't blame you!  I got a whole bunch of new foils in and haven't used a single one--okay that's a lie I've used one, the snakeskin one.  I decided I really needed to get to trying some of these so I put on some gold ones before I left to see The Lucky Ones with my sweet niece Alex.  If you haven't seen it Readers it's very good.  And being the romance reader aficionado that I am believe me when I say it's a lovely romance.  I'm not a huge Nicolas Sparks fan either--I tend to like my books written by woman, but honestly good movie and yes quite the bawl fest!
ANYWAY before leaving for the movie I did the dishes DUMB MOVE!  I didn't topcoat the foils and the tips looked like hell--yes you heard me like hell!  UG instead of taking something off I hadn't even worn a full day I got an idea!  I've been wanting to practice some different water marble designs so I decided to just water marble over the foils.  And here's what happened!
Ooooh la la!! These are now looking much better!  Here's something I learned about foils and if you look close you can see what I'm talking about.  After getting home from the movie I DID topcoat them hoping the worn tips wouldn't bother me.  When I marbled I didn't like the design on the ring finger so I decided to just foil over it.  The ring finger doesn't have any topcoat on before I marbled it a 2nd time and it's CLEARLY more holographic than the others.  So going forward I'm going to try to use a super thin water marble of just clear over my next holographic foiling and see if I can keep that prismatic rainbow shine!
Are you in as much awe as I was when first looking at this???
To achieve this cool look I used a sheer pink from Revlon along with Revlon's Devil's Lure.  I pretty much love the hell out of Devil's Lure lol!
As you can see some of this marble was clear with the dark blood red and some of it tinged pink like in the pinkie--ahahah pink in the pinkie! omg I KILL ME! LOL!  Jeez everyone is a comedian these days I guess.  But even with some of the pink tinge with the red I think looks really awesome over these gold foils.


I'm thinking of doing a whole week of foils what do you think?  You can do so much with them--leave them alone, stamp over them, marble over them, crackle over them the possibilities are endless!


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

12 comments:

  1. That is such a fantastic idea! Turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I love it when my crazy ideas work!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I didn't know you could water marble over foils. It looks great! I have to try this, well as soon as I gather up courage to try water marbling. I'm such a wuss....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anan don't be afraid!!! I really was not a good marbler then I just started to do it at least once a week. I use filtered or distilled water and I use a small votive candle holder instead of a large cup--for me this works awesome. I can't really dip more than 1 finger at once but I don't care!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm super glad I tried it and it worked!

      Delete
  4. Looks great! I wish I could water marble. I've tried and always ended in epic fail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I will have to try this the next time I attempt a foil!

    ReplyDelete