Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

It's a great gradient day!

Hi Readers!   The girls and I got together again for another group project and we decided on gradients!! WOOT!  As you all know I am horribly addicted to gradients and it sure doesn't appear that I'll be stopping anytime soon.  I think today's gradient is going to surprise you though.  I love it so much I am not going to stamp over it.  That's right absolutely no stamping.  I'm sure you'll be able to tell why lol!  I've done some really pretty gradients (with the exception of the craptastic pastel one).  I've done some nice creams and scattered holos so today I thought "hey what about a duochrome gradient?"  "can it even be done????!!!!!"  Yes--YES Readers, it can be done.  Behold the glory that is a duochrome gradient
I chose my beloved Sally Hansen Burgundy Orchid, Garnet Lapis and Turquoise Opal for my gradient.  Not much to say other than to show you the pics!
These few are all indoor with natural lighting
This is what happened when I went outside to run errands
OMG did you see that??? Why oh why does all the world think the real beauty is in holographic polishes???? Look how this sparkles in the sun!!!
Here's one thing I did discover--tipped just right where in the sun it's hard to see the gradient.
Instead there's just a gorgeous shimmery, sparkly burgundy!
Here's a picture of the stars of the show!
Left to right Sally Hansen Burgundy Orchid, Garnet Lapis and Turquoise Opal.  Poor Garnet Lapis is naked but that's okay he likes it like that.
I used one nice thick coat of WetnWild Black Creme before doing my gradient as the Sally Hansen Prisms really come to life over black.


What do you think Readers?  Do you think a duochrome gradient is the shizz or is this not your cup of tea?  Can you see why I needed no stamping necessary for this beauty?


Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you all have a fantastic day!!  Make sure you check out all the gradients my friends did!

15 comments:

  1. holy crap, this is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man those are GORGEOUS polishes! And an equally amazing mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so pretty! like the galaxy,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gradients are ahhhhhmazing!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love how it is such a subtle gradient. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I love that you did a duochrome! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that is seems so subtle, then all of the sudden, you shift your hands/sunlight/any light, and BAM! Completely different - just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. when I saw the first pic ... I said to myself what gradient? and as I scrolled down and saw how it shifted... wow just gorgeous! and thanks for posting mine 8)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Duo/multichromes are my favourite! I love this!

    ReplyDelete