Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mer Man???

Hi Readers!  I think it's no secret when it comes to mani's I love all things dragon scales and mermaid tails!  I came up with this one after I was doing some blog searching.  Check out the inspiration for today's mani here.  In addition to some nice swatches and designs Nihrida rocks some AWESOME rings! When I first saw this post it reminded me of a merman and I loved the look so I pulled out some untrieds in my stash to see if I could recreate it.  
As you can see I went a bit further than Nihrida and added a holo topcoat.  What I did to get this look was 2 coats of L'oreal VIP Status (which I love btw).  Then I sponged on a light purple LA Colors Craze--no idea what that name is since they aren't on the bottle!  I also sponged on a purple flakie LA Colors Craze AGAIN with no name.  After all that was dry I sponged on the lovely OPI Mermaid's Tears, stamped using M57 and L'oreal VIP Status.  What was so cool about it is the fish net stamp doesn't show up over it's self but only the other colors!  I liked the look but decided to get more "scaley" looking so I added my gLORIous holo topcoat over all.  Pretty cool!
Here it is with flash!  Pretty darn gorgeous!
Here's a pic of all the polishes I used--if you know the name of the LA Colors let me know!
While I didn't love this mani I did like it.  I loved the look of VIP Status with gLORIous over it.  I think one of these days I might have to do some side by sides of mermen with mermaids!


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!



2 comments:

  1. stunning as always miss laurie. it does really pop with the gLORIous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow! I really dig this!

    ReplyDelete