Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Foiled and not a Weber grill in site!

Hi Readers!  Well it's Monday so that means there was a Sunday Stamping challenge in my facebook group!  This Sunday the challenge was to use a plate with 3 in it.  I've got about 5 sets of stamp sets now so this was going to be rife with possibilities for me!  My friend Alyssa and I went in together on an order of nail foils from Dollar Nail Art they have some awesome foils and rhinestones and such check them out here.  They have a minimum order of $25 which is why Alyssa and I went together for an order.  We wanted to try foils and weren't sure if we would A--be able to do them properly and B--like them.  I tried them and loved them!  I foolishly didn't get a picture of them before stamping on them though SORRY!  
This mani is nail foil in Tie Dye Surprise with SH Whirl Wind White using plate RA113
I even took a picture of the right hand this time!
Here's a nice close up
WOW looking at that makes me dizzy!!!
Here's a shot I took of the foil for my friend Marcy who asked to see it.
It was a bit of trial and error for me with these.  I found a site that said to wait 1 to 2 minutes after applying adhesive but really you need to wait a good 5 minutes before applying the foils.  Once I figured that out application was a breeze.  Another thing with the foils is no Seche Vite!  KILLER I know but it ruins the flat foil affect and makes them all wrinkled.  I used 2 really light coats of Dollar Store clear and once it dried I stamped and then did a topcoat of Seche which worked just fine.
Here's a picture of all the foils I got from Alyssa.  I can't wait to try them all!
What do you think readers--do you like the stamping over the foil or do you think it's better left alone?  Have you tried foils before--if yes where did you get them?  If no, what's stopping you?


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

7 comments:

  1. These look beautiful, I haven't tried these yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel like i should have ordered this foil! i'm glad you finally got some!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you know I got them mostly because of you and how easy you made them look! And really they are!!!!

      Delete
  3. I love those foils! You know that already ;)

    ReplyDelete