Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The life beneath the exterior

Hi Everyone!  Monday Sept 7th would have been my beautiful sister Lisa's 51st birthday.  Sadly she died from triple negative breast cancer 6 years ago.  But that doesn't mean the day isn't still celebrated or even mourned in our family.   We got together that day and went for custard and delish burgers at Kopp's in Milwaukee.  Then we went back  home and looked at picture album's and remembered the many treasured years we had as a family

I know I've said this to you before but after someone in your family dies you become a broken family.  You try the best you can to pick up the pieces and continue moving forward but sometimes it's not easy.  I think to most people I look like I've got it together and I'm managing just fine, but underneath and behind closed doors I am a fragile mess and sometimes I completely fall apart.

This is the mani I wore on Monday--to me it shows the chaos and despair those of us in broken families live but at the same time how much we are tied back together by the family and friends who love us and support us.
My base is the gorgeous Blue Ribbon Cankles by Girly Bits
Some Mundo stamping and I feel like this really represents exactly how I feel.  Some days are great, some days are awful everyday there is despair but on those days someone is my string and anchors me with their love
As everyday goes by more time passes and the intense heartache you feel when you lose someone you love dulls.  It never goes away but I do believe time makes it more bearable.  One day we will be together again and I know that will be a glorious day.  Until then I am so grateful for my family and friends who keep me from drifting and hold me tight and comfort me during my times of grief and despair.  

Love is such a precious gift and is one that comes in many forms--I hope all of you experience it as often as you can

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful post. no one will ever understand the pain you feel until they loose a close loved one of their own. Stay strong. my thoughts are with you and your family on your beautiful sisters birthday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete