Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

What a nice fellow that yellow!

Hi Readers!  Day 3 of the 31 Day Challenge and we're at yellow!  I don't know if I've mentioned this before or not but yellow is my favorite color.  I've been told I could spell yellow as a child before red or blue.  Yellow roses are my favorite flower but despite loving yellow it does not love me back lol!  I have very pale skin and I don't really "do" the sun so it remains pale all the time.  Yellow is not a complimentary color to our paleys lol!  I don't wear yellow nail polish often for that very reason.  I'm always jealous of my friend Briana of Nail A College Drop Out because with her dark skin tone she wears and rocks yellow all the freaking time!  I did manage to come up with something pretty cool for the challenge today though!  I stamped yellow ON yellow! Yes I did! Woot!

I really didn't know if it could be done but I thought if I used a creme on metallic it might.  But then I got the brilliant idea to try a creme over a glass fleck and BAM yellow on yellow!

I hauled out my Zoya Pippa and Color Club Daisy Does It and created this cute and sunny design

Then I got to thinking how would this look matte?
Pretty unusual actually
I think I prefer the shiny version how about you?

To get this look I stamped Zoya Pippa over Color Club Daisy Does It using Mash-40.  I definitely like how this turned out so will be trying more cremes over the Color Club Take Wing collection.

For all those of you in states I hope you have a happy and safe Labor Day.  Thanks for stopping by!!! I hope you all have a fantastic day!

4 comments:

  1. awesome! love the creme over a glassfleck! I don't think I would have ever thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guh! I love it. I think the yellow looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so lovely! I'm a fellow Paley! And although most of the time it doesn't look too good on me, I love yellow too much, so i wear it all the time :D

    ReplyDelete