Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Monkey See, Monkey Do Week Sequel--Confessions Of A Sarcastic Mom!

Hi Readers!  I have a super cute mani today that Igor did awhile ago.  She doesn't usually do nail art but when I saw her do this I loved it!  It's cute AND it's easy--win win!!  You can check out Igor's mani here.  What I loved about doing this mani is I got to use OPI Yellin' For Watermelon.  It's a color near and dear to me as it was one of my beautiful sister Lisa's favorite colors.  I did a lot of mani's and pedi's for her with this color so it reminded me of her and I know if she was still with me today she would have loved this mani!  
See how cute it is!
To do this mani I did a couple coats of Yellin' For Watermelon as the base coat and then I did a french tip using Zoya Veruschka.  I painted the stripes using OPI Mermaid Tears and then did a coat of WetnWild Tangled In My Web just over the pink.  Who knew you could use WetnWild Tangled In My Web in such a cute mani?? 
Here's a nice close up
Here's a pic of Igor's signature bottle shot lol!
Here's a side by side shot
I think this is a super fun mani especially for summer!  I can't wait to do some toes like this too!


Well that's it readers!  This winds down my Monkey See, Monkey Do series . . for now lol!  I had a blast doing these.  I love all the ladies who's mani's I copied were thrilled I picked theirs--I appreciate their kindness.  I hope this inspires you to do some copying of your own!


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

10 comments:

  1. i love it laurie!!!! you did a great job :) i think yours is better than mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Igor how'd you like that signature thumb shot???!! I can't believe it's not blurred lol!

      Delete
  2. This is super adorable!

    I'm doing strawberries (or trying to) on my nails today for the strawberry festival I'm going to tomorrow. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Destany's watermelon nails, and yours are awesome too!! Hehe one of these days, I must attempt this myself! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yun!!! I see you al
      so have a chinchilla! How sweet!!!!

      Delete