Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Throw Back Thursday--Snakeskin

Hi Readers!  Welcome to Throwback Thursday!  Today I'm showcasing a mani I did in 2011 and one I'm quite proud of.  Even though I'm sort of afraid of them and they tend to creep me out, I find myself quite enamored with all things reptile!  As soon as I got my 2nd Bundle Monster set and saw the snakeskin image I new I had to try it!  
For this mani I used the gorgeous Essie Sew Psyched and then stamped with NYC Flat Iron Green using BM215.  To give it that shimmery reptile skin look I finished it off with a very thin coat of gLORIous which is topcoat of spectraflair pigment in clear.


Ssssssssssssssss
Man I loved this mani!  As I'm looking at these pictures now I'm feeling like I need to do another snakeskin mani again!


And just for some added kicks here's a picture of the snakeskin ring I made for my wonderful friend, Rachael
How do you feel about reptiles--are you okay with them or would you rather "wear" them on your nails and fingers????!

10 comments:

  1. You are like the queen of stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snakeskin look! This mani is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love snakeskin prints and the topcoat of spectraflair literally blows this thing out of the water. Ugh, and that ring...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! When I hauled this out of the throwback vault I kept saying to myself why have I worn this mani only once???? I really feel it bears a repeat! I wonder if I can come up with a different color combo for it????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I am definitely one that would rather wear it than see a real one haha, no snakes for me, they scare the bejesus out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is Sew Psyched holo or shimmery?? I havent seen it irl. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crystal it is a creme! It's one of those pretty "ugly" colors. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laurie :) I found your blog through Kayla Shevonne's and I'm so glad I have come across it! I was just wondering, how much would a ring like the one you are wearing in this post cost with postage and all to Malta (Europe)? Many thanks and keep up the good work!

    P.S. You can drop me and email on zajra_710@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this one and your ring!

    ReplyDelete