Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Dot-a-rific!

Hi Readers!  How was your week???!  Mine was really great!  I got my first ever OPI Suede polish!  I know I'm getting on this matte/suede bandwagon WAY late but lucky for me my friend Chelsea from Pretty And Polished could help me out. Chelsea is AHmazing!! She finds some great things dusty hunting AND has a etsy store for her own frankens.  Please check her out!!!
Here's my haul from her, China Glaze Sexagon and Tickle My Triangle and then the lovely OPI Ink Suede
I also got a surprise package from my friend Sarah of Chalkboard Nails.  Sarah is the one who got me to get this blog going actually!  She kept calling me a jerk when I showed my nail friends my mani's because I didn't have a blog lol! So thanks go to her for that!  
Here's my haul from Sarah, she knows me only too well because I love, love, LOVE Sally Hansen!  She made these earrings too and they are GORGEOUS!  
In addition to these great nail mails I did a fantastic mani this week!  I had seen this look awhile ago when my friend Amber did a black and white mani featuring various different black and white designs on her nails.  I saw it and thought WOW I love that one and want to do a full mani of it.  Finally all these months later I did it and it's a stunner!
I was lucky enough to hire a camera man for the blog for free lol!  My son didn't complain too much when I asked if he could take a picture of both my hands. Please excuse clean up as I had to grab him on his way out the door!
Here's another shot with flash
And under the bright kitchen light (it's too cold in Wisconsin to trek outside lol!)
To get this look I used OPI Alpine White and WetnWild Black Creme.  I painted a base of Alpine White then used LA Colors Art Deco striper in black to draw the diagonal line then filled it in with the WetnWild Black.  I used Sally Hansen Whirl Wind White to do the dots (it's more opaque imo).  You want to get as close to the black slant as possible.  Then using the black, slightly overlap the white dot as you dot onto the white.  It's super easy really and I love the dramatic effect of it.
Do you have dotting tools but haven't used them?  Is yes don't be afraid to try them!  This is a really easy mani to recreate!

13 comments:

  1. Awesome polishes, and stunning mani. I love the black and white combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great mani!!! You got some goodies too. Tickle My Triangle is one of my wish list polishes. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Pinterest account is on the fritz and I really need to pin this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute manicure! and adorable polishes...

    I love your site, check out mine too!
    www.ojesihirbazi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great mani! I am now your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say I'm in love with this mani and the moment I saw it I knew I have to follow you=)It is really great! And you are really lucky to have such great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ladies THANK YOU SO MUCH! I almost don't want to take this off! I know I'm going to try it again with a different color combination--maybe a hot pink with the black or China Glaze For Audrey with the black!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love, love, love your mani, i'm a new blogger just like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this manicure! I still haven't tried it, but need too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't seem to post from my phone for some reason but had to log in on the laptop to tell you that as soon as I saw these dots I was sold! Thanks to LTHP for the recommend! I was immediately thinking how can I rock those dots and for Audrey with black was in my mind too :) I'm sporting dots myself today; Orly Rage curved double line on top of Zoya Jem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pinkladysz I think For Audrey and Black will look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so good! Very unique and stunning to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job! Yes I have dotting tools and I'm scared to use them LOL. I'm trying to break out of my stamping comfort zone. Also, welcome to blogland Laurie =] Nice to know you're going to share your talent on here!

    ReplyDelete